Monday, August 3, 2009

Rest Day

Too bad Rest Day doesn't mean laying on the sofa eating chocolate. 
Just finished lunch in front of the computer at work and even if I'm not training today there will be no such thing as rest. My dear colleague AB just mentioned that we have 28 days left to The Event. 
The Event is the 2009 UCI Mountain Bike and Trials Championships and I am doing Marketing and Media for it. Great job but working 10-12 h days isn't really helping my training ... Anyway, it's just for another few weeks. 

The saturday ride was awesome. Four hours out in the sun, pushing up and swooching down the hills. The route we took around Tidbindilla - Cotter-  Uriarra - Stromlo is a favourite. Finished with a 5 km run and felt great! 
Was working most of the day yesterday but managed to squeeze in a 1.45 min run up on Red Hill. Felt a bit heavy and slow but the flocks of kangaroos and the sunset put a big smile on my face. 

Was supposed to swim this weekend as well but that just didn't happen. Nico did 4 km. He is telling me that this week I NEED to do three swims ... 

I believe that someone told me that rule no.1 in training is 'Do not try to coach you partner'. 

1 comment:

  1. I think in your case "coaching your partner" is no problem. But we'll see... :)
    Looking forward to read how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete