Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am REALLY tired in the morning

Arrived at the meeting point for the bunch ride this morning in Dickson, on the other side of town, and people were looking at me a little strange. I was wearing my uber cool glasses and Swedish army socks ... but come on! 
Then one compassionate human being rolled up to me and said: you forgot your helmet. I look at Nico, he looks at me - at my head, my hands touch my head ... yep, she is right, I forgot my helmet. The compassionate persons next comment was: it's probably not a good idea to ride in a bunch without a helmet. HELL NO! It's not a good idea to ride at all without a helmet. 

I feel like an ass, turn by wheels around and peddal back home again. Praying that I won't crack my skull open or get fined before I get home. 
Then I went for a run in Red Hill. Without a helmet. 

Todays conclusion: At 5.30 in the morning I am stupid and my boyfriend is blind. Or as my mum might have put it, "you are lucky that your head is attached to your shoulders, or you would forget it!"

I was swimming with the Exeed squad last night. Haven't been there for a long time but it felt good, even if I have to admit it was quite hard. Would be even better if they could install heaters in the change rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment