Sunday, August 23, 2009

One good day of training

Yesterday was a good day. 120 km in the spring sun. A fantastic muffin and latte in Collector and lunch at Kingston Grind after a short run. 

I can feel the difference riding the new bike. Everything is just a little bit smoother and I struggle less too keep up with the boys, even in the hills. 
It will take some adjusting for me to find the good, comfortable position though. We bought a shorter stem (to get the handle bars closer to me) and pushed the saddle about as far forward as possible. That should help. I also got my first aero bar attached to my ride. So now all I need to do is use it. A lot. 

Should have done a long run today but since i was up at 4 am this morning (after just 2 1/2 h sleep) doing a speech via gmail video chat at my very good friends wedding in Sweden, I didn't get up until 10. And thats when I got the first call from work ... 

Will try to get up in the but ass crack of dawn tomorrow to get that run in before i go to work. 




1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are doing IMWA too. We are from the USA. I am trying to connect with other athletes competing..

    ReplyDelete