Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trying the half distance

Guess I never mentioned it here but I am doing a Half Ironman this weekend, in Port Macquarie.
Trying to get my chainrings exchanged with Nico's smaller ones right now in order to be able to handle the infamous hills in a better fashion.

Had a run through about nutrition with the coach yesterday. Think seven gels, sports drink and possibly some Vegemite should do it.

I am trying to see this race just as training. The little butterfly in my stomach is telling me I'm not entirely convincing.
Hopefully I'll be back in Canberra on Tuesday feeling more confident about racing in Busselton. Or I'll be in a world of pain thinking how the hell will I be able to do the double?!
I'll let you know.

My training is coming along well I think. Legs and shoulders are aching a little today but I guess that is in order.
Did a 4.30h ride Saturday, a 2h run on Sunday, a tough hill climb session and an almost 4 km swim (1.5 h out of my comfort zone!) yesterday. This morning I did some interval running, 6 x 1200m, plus warm up and cool down.

Bought some muscle relaxing foam bath along with the ordinary bunch of bananas, milk and bread today.


No comments:

Post a Comment