Monday, October 19, 2009

Accroche toi!

French for bite-down-and-bury-your-head-in-your-handle-bar-and-ignore-the-pain-in-your-legs.

With a cheerful "cheri" at the end it really is the best motivation.

The temperature in Canberra is finally reaching levels that is recognisable as summer dito and I was sweating - a lot - climbing up Red Hill this afternoon.
Alternating Red Hill/ Mugga Drive is quiet effective. For you non Canberrans I can describe it as really steep/ long-not so steep hills.
During the last repetition up Mugga I really tried to stay on Nico's wheel (suce la roue - suck the wheel as it so charmingly is called in French) and I did pretty well. Never mind the fact that his chain was considerable further to the right than mine ...

Nico has finally uploaded the software to his supermegahightech Garmin watch. There is just no end to how much fun (and how useful) this gadget ... ehrm ... I mean training tool, is.

No comments:

Post a Comment