Thursday, September 3, 2009

Heja Sverige


Surrounded by fit people in lycra I am nursing a biscuit addiction that may prove hard to shake. This week my training consists more of piling paper coffee cups on top of each other than swimming running or riding.

The 30-40 min ride I do most mornings and evenings keep me relatively sane. A ride in the dark after a 12 h shift has a cleansing effect of the mind.
Tomorrow morning I will try to fit in a reasonable long run (more than the 10 min on the Stromlo track I had so far this week). Running is an essential part of my well being. I can feel my nerves starting to twitch. Need. To. Run. Now.

Nico met the Swedish team when he was riding up Mt Ainslie two days ago. They are a small but quite strong team. One silver medal in the women under 23 XC, a fourth place in the XC team relay and a fifth in the men juniors XC. So far.


No comments:

Post a Comment