Friday, December 4, 2009

Almost there

All that is left to do is one more pasta dinner and a few hours of sleep. Then it's showtime.
In the race briefing the officials talked about the smaller and larger "fish" that might be around ... and told us that there will be boats and planes looking for out for us in case there would be to many "visitors" around. Not once was the "S" word used. I wanted to stand up and shout "what?, are you talking about sharks?!" Anyway. I am more worried about the forecast. Doing a marathon in 37 degrees heat will be a challenge. Not mentioning the swim and little bike ride before.

Busselton is beautiful. The water crystal clear (so you can see all the "fish"). I am looking forward to tomorrow. I will be a long hot day but I am looking forward to it.

Nicolas as well. He is hot like a street vendor. Or if you prefer the french version "chaud comme une baraque a frites"!

I'll tell you all about it when we are back in Canberra.

2 comments:

  1. We are cheering you on! Keeping our fingers crossed and sending our best of luck (I guess our "pepp-paket" didnt make it to you in time before you left?)! Please keep away from the S-word.
    I guess its both good and bad that the water is so clear..

    Swim, run and bike like crazy! And dont forget to drink water and nutrition!!

    GOOD LUCK!! Bonne Chance! Lycka till!
    :)

    ReplyDelete